Newton Cemetery & Arboretum is looking for a Client Services Coordinator, a role that is generally the first point of contact in the Cemetery office for clients, visitors, and staff, and provides courteous and helpful customer service to all. A successful candidate will be joining a team of dedicated, professional, and caring staff responsible for providing exceptional customer service along with the daily care of the historic landscape, active cemetery, and accredited arboretum. Excellent communication skills with an ability to understand customer needs are essential. Cemetery or funeral industry experience is not required, only an openness to applying skills in a new role.
The Client Services Coordinator’s duties include the timely, detailed, and accurate processing of all documentation necessary for cremations and interments and other cemetery services available at Newton Cemetery, processing memorial and inscription requests, and managing the annual calendar of mailings to Cemetery customers. Using excellent communication skills, the Client Services Coordinator provides support to all departments by receiving payments, distributing mail, scheduling appointments, assisting sales efforts, and handling a variety of office tasks.
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers, vendors and the general public and direct them to the appropriate contact for specific services/information and/or rapid resolution of customer concerns.
- Gather cremation and interment documentation, schedule cremations and burials, overseeing the process through completion of cremation/interment.
- Communicate directly with Funeral Directors; process documentation required by Funeral Directors while maintaining the privacy of deceased and family members.
- Manage Sales, Crematory, and Chapel calendars, ensuring the accurate scheduling of services, appointments, and other activities.
- Process memorial and inscription requests and advise on the design and location of new memorials to facilitate Cemetery operations. Ensure completion of approved work, coordinating with outside contractors as required.
- Design, process, and manage annual calendar of mailings.
- Answer the telephone and respond to email inquiries.
- Initiate work orders for service requests from owners.
- Prepare deeds and certificates for interment space purchases and produce new owner folders on a monthly basis.
- Update database and database instructions with current information and protocols.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous administrative tasks.
- File documents as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Five years of experience in customer service in an office setting.
- Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in business or related field; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Availability during weekend or off hours as necessary.
- Superior verbal and written communication abilities.
- Ability to interact with compassion and patience.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and an ability to learn new applications.
- Fluency in English required.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a comprehensive benefit package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution, group long term disability and group term life insurance, paid vacation, personal and sick time. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Employment with Newton Cemetery is not governed by any written or oral contract and is an "at-will" arrangement.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Client Services Coordinator.” All materials should include applicant’s last name in the file name.
About Newton Cemetery & Arboretum
Established in 1855 as a private, non-profit organization, Newton Cemetery & Arboretum serves the needs of all faiths throughout the Greater Boston area. The historic landscape and accredited arboretum are open to the public daily and offer a tranquil, park-like setting with numerous burial options throughout the well maintained landscape.
Newton Cemetery & Arboretum is an Equal Opportunity Employer