The Services Coordinator is a part-time position in the administrative office of Newton Cemetery & Arboretum, a beautiful, historic garden cemetery established in 1855. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Providing courteous and helpful customer service to all clients, visitors, and staff
- Performing timely, detailed, and accurate processing of orders for cemetery services
- Monthly creation and management of Deeds and Certificates
- Holiday/ Promotional Mailings and Outreach
- Maintaining Sales, Crematory, and Chapel calendars
- Opening and distributing mail in a busy office environment
- Management and completion of special projects as necessary, including the organization and digitization of cemetery records and archives
- Inspection of the cemetery database system to make any required corrections or updates.
- Other related duties as necessary and assigned
- Impeccable customer service skills
- Ability to successfully communicate both verbally and in writing with a diverse audience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong computer skills: accurate keyboarding and data entry; proficiency with Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Compassion, sensitivity, flexibility, dependability, and good business ethics are essential in this role
Monday through Friday, 9am – 3pm; Saturdays, 9am – 12pm; May be flexible.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Newton Cemetery & Arboretum offers a comprehensive benefits package: medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, Life/LTD insurance and paid leave.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Services Coordinator Application.” All materials should include applicant’s last name in the file name.
About Newton Cemetery & Arboretum
Newton Cemetery & Arboretum is a non-profit garden cemetery serving the needs of families throughout the Greater Boston area. The 100-acre grounds are open every day of the year and provide a beautiful, park-like setting with numerous interment options.
Newton Cemetery & Arboretum is an Equal Opportunity Employer